11/22/2009

Video & Waves

Between us, Kei and I must have taken over a thousand photos of baby Milo since his birth (and the poor sod’s only 8 weeks old!), but yesterday I dug out Kei’s old* mini DV camcorder so that we could capture those moments not quite so suited to digital stills – ie, him flailing his arms and shouting gibberish, like a very small drunk.

It’s been good fun, and I anticipate that soon my external hard drive will be filled with hours of footage that are of no interest to anyone but his doting parents :)

In other news, I finally got a Google Wave invite from Bob! Now I was never quite sure how Wave was supposed to work or what it was supposed to do, but from the moment it was announced I wanted in; mainly because a) it’s made by Google, and b) it’s new. So yeah, me and about 3 people I know are on there.  I like it, but it’s hard to describe; kind of like emails, but that can also be public, like Twitter, but with realtime editing and a slew of options for embedding media and such.

This morning I did find out how to search public Waves, so I’ve been talking to random people and finding out how some of the other features work, which is really cool, so it’s not so bad that so few of my friends are on here.  I guess the only thing to do is keep playing with it and see how it gradually develops; maybe it’ll grow into something as all-pervasive as Twitter, or maybe Google will give up on it and drop it like a hot bag of shit.  Who knows?

google_wave_logo

*old as in, bought in about 2005.  Not really old, but already quite dated…

No comments: